This hat was one of the first things I listed when I opened my original Etsy shop almost two years ago, and it migrated over with me when I opened my new one in March. I love it, but it was just sitting there in my shop in virtual reality and in a plastic bin under my bed in real reality; I thought so many times about how I should just take it down and keep it for myself. Why keep renewing the listing when nobody was going to buy it?
Someone bought it last week.
I was happy to get a sale, but there was also a small bit of me that didn’t want to part with it. Isn’t that ridiculous? I’ve sold items before it, and I hope to sell many after it, but it was the first thing I listed for sale, and selling it was a weird milestone that I didn’t really want to pass.
But Monday afternoon, I got a message from the buyer, and I couldn’t help but smile.
Hi Maggie. The hat is wonderful! Thanks for shipping it so quickly. My son’s babysitter calls him “Curious Jonah” so he is going to give her this hat for Christmas…but she will look far more stylish than the Man in the Yellow hat from the Curious George books. :)
Isn’t that the cutest thing? I couldn’t get over it. So, yeah, I’m okay with selling it. To have loved and lost is better than never having loved at all, right?
P.S. I renewed the listing and made it a made-to-order hat. Go check it out!
- aer1el likes this
- musicisthenewmagic likes this
- wildsarahappeared likes this
- september-sun likes this
- belle-fleur-sauvage likes this
- americanprizewinners likes this
- extermiknit reblogged this from msquaredknits
- extermiknit likes this
- loopedstitches reblogged this from msquaredknits
- ultimateslasher likes this
- neon-green-bowling-pins reblogged this from crowleyhasthebluebox
- neon-green-bowling-pins likes this
- chairmanmeow13 likes this
- asongabouteverything likes this
- bettydevoid reblogged this from knit-me-a-blanket
- bettydevoid likes this
- brownbagyarns likes this
- jen-taimes likes this
- neno-nini likes this
- knit-me-a-blanket reblogged this from babreknits
- nymphtendo likes this
- nymphtendo reblogged this from crowleyhasthebluebox
- weepingkind-movedtopetrichorally likes this
- crowleyhasthebluebox reblogged this from babreknits
- thelifeandtimesofwhatthefuck reblogged this from babreknits
- geekgirlfibers likes this
- electrickitten likes this
- themotherofzeus likes this
- babreknits reblogged this from msquaredknits
- msquaredknits posted this